Monday, June 28, 2010

Within the Moment

After looking at the wonderful portfolio of Drew Struzan (The artist who did movie posters for Star Wars, Indianna Jones, Harry Potter etc.), there was one image on his website that really stuck out for me; its actually one of the first images that you see when you go to his site. Its an image of himself in this very intense moment... like the calm before the storm, we see the great artist in this pose where he's about to paint something. That pose is something quite monumental for a painter such as myself (I say that with the least amount of cocky-ness lol). Its a pose where your in that moment of excitement and hesitation... of technicality and expression... of structure and sheer spontaneity... all interwoven into one gesture of the body.

Could this be something of a self-portrait maybe? Yea you could say that. I do like the 18th-19th century painters, and I also miss and love my long hair and beard haha. Anyways, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Struzan is an amazing artist with his poster work being some the best. While I have some of his prints, check out his work on the 'Abominable' film, though I don't think it's on the site. Perfect representation of characters matched by the fearsome monstrosity that they face. Oh, and I sense some contemplation in this image, definitely you with the hair back! Cheers bud.

    ReplyDelete